The new rules of marketing and PR
Posted by emalouisethompson
Thought I would share some key takeaways from “The new rules of marketing & PR” book that I have just finished:
- If you are enticing people from social media to your website & capture their email address you will need to ensure you offer them content before sales/ask messages
- Events drive Facebook fans!
- Use Twitter search & then pull the results into a RSS feed
- Your best supporters participate in online forums so should you
- Blog development – Monitor what is being said/Participate in conversations on existing blogs/Cultivate relationships with bloggers/Shape conversation by creating content
- If commenting on a blog leave your digital signature – facebook/twitter/linked in/website
- Forms of leadership content – that most have yet to develop – White paper/Ebooks/Webinars
- Social Media Governance policy to include employee blogging guidelines
- Preparing to start a blog – a few key things:
a. Think about the name – should it have a separate name to your website URL – how will the name look in a URL
b. Best software to use
c. Measurement – readers, comments, share, trackbacks
d. Sharing – social media/rss/email
e. SEO – categories of posts, keyword tagging
f. About page
g. Content – include links to other content – have guest bloggers
Overall I found the book really useful.
Next week I am starting on Get Content, Get Customers.