My tweets from the last few weeks:
- Apple Is Talking to TV Companies About a Deal That Could Change TV Forever Finance http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/apple-talking-tv-companies-deal-could-change-tv-112438275.html … via @YahooFinance
- Cadbury’s Olympic sponsorship leads to 2.5m social media fans – Marketing news – Marketing magazine http://bit.ly/NwCdPn
- How You’re Using Your iPad [INFOGRAPHIC] http://mashable.com/2012/08/28/ipad-consumer-behaviors-infographic/ … via @mashable
- Entire History of the Internet on One Facebook Timeline http://mashable.com/2012/08/28/history-of-internet-facebook/ … via @mashable
- The digital marketer’s journey – Smart Insights Digital Marketing Advice http://www.smartinsights.com/managing-digital-marketing/planning-budgeting/the-digital-marketers-journey/ … via @smartinsights
- Meet Facebook’s Oldest User http://mashable.com/2012/08/27/facebook-oldest-user/ … via @mashable
- London http://2012.com olympic games digital round up 13 august 2012 on @slideshare http://www.slideshare.net/balf/london-2012com-olympic-games-digital-round-up-13-august-2012 …
- Interesting & insightful article on ‘The innovations of Internet Explorer’ by @slicknet http://www.nczonline.net/blog/2012/08/22/the-innovations-of-internet-explorer/ … #ie #tech #microsoft
- Facebook has ditched HTML5 and ‘gone native’ for new iOS app – @econsultancy ‘s 5 lessons for business: http://bit.ly/PlTjQq
- Copywriter vs. art director: Creatives Caio Pena, Henrique Parada and copywriter Leticia Hanower created a fun(n… http://bit.ly/QNUOqH
- Friends Killed in Maryland Train Wreck Had Tweeted Moments Earlier http://mashable.com/2012/08/22/maryland-train-wreck-tweets/ … via @mashable
- http://Play.com finds real value in its Facebook fans http://sbne.ws/r/bkzn
- “She’s my heart I’m her legs”: Devoted dad carries his daughter, 13, through gruelling triathlons and marathons http://mirr.im/PCzt53
- Purchases via Smartphone Have Highest Average Order Value http://j.mp/OKoswp rt @jeanlucr
- Six reasons why traditional marketing strategies are not delivering online http://wallblog.co.uk/2012/08/22/six-reasons-why-traditional-marketing-strategies-are-not-delivering-online/ … /@thewalluk
- RT @renepower: New evidence that social media supports SEO http://ow.ly/d74bs via @SmartInsights (cf @DanZarrella research)
- Refrigeration specialist Lec celebrates birthday by crowdsourcing new ice cream flavour http://po.st/HsYaph
- 8 Practices and Examples for selling using Pinterest: http://ow.ly/d7dQU Without a Strategy, There is No ROI From @BrianSolis – http://ow.ly/d51JX
- Infographic: 76.9% of marketers use blogs for content marketing http://po.st/tRnnZU by @HubSpot and @SEOmoz
- Consumers who visit a brand site that is mobile-optimised looked at on average 33% more pages than if the site wasn’t http://bit.ly/OJ4XEz
- 4G (finally) comes to the U.K. http://bit.ly/Qlhxds #FastFeed
- Via @nprnews: Search For Parkinson’s Genes Turns To Online Social Networking http://n.pr/R59Dtf
- 52% of marketers say #mobile #marketing creates greater ROI than traditional programmes http://bit.ly/RblGW3
Plus and updte on Google +
- Use the data you already have to optimise response and improve ROI.” @MatFinchUK #MWLive2012
- RT @Buffalo7Studio: SEO words of wisdom from the Crowd Bait chief. Google+ is the future – http://bit.ly/LiJMcy
- Twitter and YouTube are totally different! Understand the most effective role of a channel and test different messaging. #MWLive2012
- @craftedmedia: Facebook is the only place in the world in which it’s ok to talk to a wall #MWLive2012” totally love this tweet !
- @BrandcastMedia: The golden question: “how do we manage the effectiveness of online marketing?” #MWLive2012” monitor and engage #Kred
- Consolidate your data, map your customer journey, keep measurement simple, look for trends and set benchmarks. @MatFinchUK #MWLive2012
- Social business is what we should be striving for – it goes way beyond implementing a social media strategy. #mwlive2012
- Outstanding research is 2% of brand building, on which the other 98% hangs.’ Elephants Can’t Jump. #MWLive2012
- How do you turn your email recipients into brand advocates? Engage with them & give them a reason to share #MWLive2012
- Spray and pray vs targeted – a combination of both makes a good email strategy #MWLive2012
- Personalisation in an email is a good way to engage recipients – make sure it is relevant #MWLive2012
- Deliver valuable, relevant content and think of yourself as a publisher. Content is king #mwlive2012
- Less than 15% of email is personal 1 to 1 communication #mwlive2012
- E-mail marketing 2.0; domain reputation, trust, segmentation, multi-device compatibility, user engagement #mwlive2012
- Brits spent about an hour a month on #Sports sites http://ow.ly/bSGGX #mwlive2012
- Fan bases can be ever-changing so be prepared to realign your social strategy” – @kathrynhavelock #MWLive2012
- Timing is a critical factor in identifying and fostering longer-term buyers through marketing. Read More http://marketing.pipedream-marketing.com/acton/media/10 … #MWLive2012
- Make it sticky: using data and insight to drive ROI in a multi-channel world – don’t miss our #MWLive2012 seminar at 12h40
- #mwlive2012 1/3 all traffic to The Guardian from a mobile or tablet device, your business the same?
- In one second you can only process 16 pieces of information out of 11 million #mwlive2012 in Insight
- High street MC sales up 10% YOY. Sales via mobile up 359% YOY. Click and collect 8.4% online sales in 2011. IMRG stats #MWLive2012
- Syl Saller – “innovation is about being entrepreneurial, experimenting and having courage of your convictions” #mwlive2012
- Johnnie Walker was in 120 countries before Coke even left US shores – bold innovation and a grand vision #mwlive2012
- Nokia: Great ideas don’t come from stressed employees, so we made changes to encourage our people to have fun #mwlive2012
- RT @beckyreflect: 2.2 billion visits to search engines every single month in the uk – this is why SEO is so important!! #mwlive2012
- Dont focus on process if you want to innovate #mwlive2012
- Barclays: Nothing changes decision-makers’ minds more than watching/hearing words come directly from their consumers’ mouths #mwlive2012
- Don’t make your users work hard to read on their iPhones!!” plan for your emails to fail on mobile and be prepped @skipfidura #MWLive2012
- Original content is still the best way to build your brand – become a thought leader #mwlive2012
- Sky believe its most important to: gather data > analyse data > customise outcomes #mwlive2012 #multichannelstrategy
- @Lexus speaker at #MWLive2012 #FAIL – u need to get ppl’s attention within the first minute not 15!!
- Intention is dead, behaviour is king. Research methods for behavioural economics #mwlive2012
- RT @heidinoemm: How functional and social media integrated is your #newsroom? http://instagr.am/p/MX6oaPlNT8/ #mwlive2012
- The web has replaced visits to dealerships. 94% of car buyers research online. So how did Lexus “create amazing” online? #mwlive2012
- Did you know: 39% of respondents said they use social channels to find discount vouchers? #MWLive2012
- In 2006, for the World Cup, Coke created 6 pieces of content. In 2012, for the Olympics… 60. #mwlive2012
- @MarketingWeekEd: women spend 8 years of their life shopping, says coke’s zoe howarth, re diet coke n fashion #mwlive2012” so true for me!
- Boots #marketing follows 3 stage strategy. 1 Insight. 2 Campaign design/deliver. 3. Systems and suppliers to support activity. #mwlive2012
- Kiosk on mobile communities incentivise their community members to provide content, do you do too? #MWlive2012
I also found the key influencers
This week has been so manic at work and would have really loved to visit some great digital conferences – instead I read the twitter feeds – here are the highlights
Social Media Influence
Best article to date – ROI Skeptic
Brands using multiple social platforms have a 50% higher engagement rate on FB than those only using one #SMI12
90% trust peer recommendations only 14% trust marketing recommendations #SMI12
GiffGaff respond to 90% of queries within 5 minutes and 75% within 1 minute by rewarding customers for helping them with responses.
Future of digital marketing
35% of ASOS’ content is customer service related – they’ve seen significant increase in Google rankings/traffic #FODM
“Don’t be ‘present’, be meaningful” Content needs to provide added value. McLaren’s James Keady on content marketing and creation #FODM
Why do people disengage with Facebook? 42% feel bombarded, 36% find it irrelevant. Content is key. #FODM
#FODM Consumers who interact with the same member of staff 3 times are 10x more likely to buy.
Figaro Digital Social Media Marketing
Provide a reason for ppl to engage, focus on individuals not groups, value for money & incentive sharing says @LivingSocial
67% of users expect to be exposed to exclusive offers as a result of becoming a fan on Facebook. #figaroseminar
84% of users on facebook are active daily #figaroseminar
58% of facebook users have liked a brand #figaroseminar
2012 seems like a weird year – digital has taken off and I’m sure will grow more & more this year.
So far I have picked up all kinds of digital predictions for 2012 which I thought I would share;
I am a big fan of Mashable and really like there 6 Crazy Tech Predictions for 2012
Also some key stats from the end of 2011:
Picked up a great infograph on what happens in the internet over 60 seconds:
Not sure I’ve actually made New Years Resolutions rather things that will happen this year – in order:
1. New house
What about you? What are your new years resolutions?
Today Google + opened their network to brands.
Link to register – https://plus.google.com/pages/create
Key articles about it –
I have added a circle of key brands – 230+ already so looks like G+ will be full soon!
Please add me on G+
Any know how to add a G+ button to your wordpress?
Thought I would share some key takeaways from “The new rules of marketing & PR” book that I have just finished:
- If you are enticing people from social media to your website & capture their email address you will need to ensure you offer them content before sales/ask messages
- Events drive Facebook fans!
- Use Twitter search & then pull the results into a RSS feed
- Your best supporters participate in online forums so should you
- Blog development – Monitor what is being said/Participate in conversations on existing blogs/Cultivate relationships with bloggers/Shape conversation by creating content
- If commenting on a blog leave your digital signature – facebook/twitter/linked in/website
- Forms of leadership content – that most have yet to develop – White paper/Ebooks/Webinars
- Social Media Governance policy to include employee blogging guidelines
- Preparing to start a blog – a few key things:
a. Think about the name – should it have a separate name to your website URL – how will the name look in a URL
b. Best software to use
c. Measurement – readers, comments, share, trackbacks
d. Sharing – social media/rss/email
e. SEO – categories of posts, keyword tagging
f. About page
g. Content – include links to other content – have guest bloggers
Overall I found the book really useful.
Next week I am starting on Get Content, Get Customers.
What a great week. My little girl finally walked. She took her few 1st steps last week and then on Sunday whilst out celebrating her cousins birthday she took 12 steps on her own. That started her getting on her feet & walking around the lounge between me & the husband. I am a very proud Mummy & cannot wait for the weekend & some quality Mummy & Munchkin time.
This last week has been a very very busy week in the world of digital, all of the following things are what caught my attention:
Facebook Timeline – I keep seeing designs and is patiently waiting to see when it will happen. Looking at what we can do for the work page as well as my own page. Also really interested to see what will happen with the Facebook insights. Great story on Mashable about 10 designs they have selected –
Obviously the announcement on the new iPhone 4S – not sure if I was disappointed about no iPhone 5 – most iPhone users are gearing up to upgrade their iPhone on Friday so hopefully I will get to see the difference. The infograph does a good comparison. Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks.
Each day I struggle more & more with Google+, when I first joined I found the information really useful. Since it happened up I see more & more spam or just images. Then I saw the following chart and thought to myself – if they dont use it then I’m not going to worry about using it!
As part of our digital strategy we have applied for a YouTube charity account & we are revamping the channel, our videos, how we use them and loads more. This is something I am more & more excited about as I see video as the future. I took time to quickly re-read YouTube and Video Marketing An Hour A Day by Greg Jarboe which is a great place to start. It gives a great insight into where you can start with YouTube but also the in’s & outs of the advertising model. I also looked at 20 Most-Shared Ads This Month – [VIDEOS]
Finally, LinkedIn – as of Thursday this week is allowing business to post status updates. I started thinking how this would work? What could we post? What would people want to know? I think it will be a slow burner – I am now following more & more companies to see if they post & what. I think all these developments are interesting & makes LinkedIn more of a contender in the social media network space. To read more about the plans, here is a great article.
I think every tweet, linked in, G+ post and a majority of Facebook updates have been about the sad loss of Steve Jobs. Whether you have an Apple product – which I bet most of you do – we have all being touched by the changes that Apple have pioneered.
Today I have read some great articles – here are just a few:
How the world is remembering him – http://read.bi/nMjq7l
And finally two of the best salutes: